1. HOW TO ENTER; ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Shure Thanks x 75,000 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) which consists of a prize drawing to be conducted approximately November 29, 2012. Entries for the prize drawings may be submitted beginning November 21, 2012, at 12:00 midnight CST through November 28, 2012, at 11:59 PM CST (the “Entry Period”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by Shure Incorporated (“Sponsor”). Participants may enter in the Sweepstakes on
(the ‘Sweepstakes Site”) during the Entry Period. Sweepstakes is further limited to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years or older and who are not an employee, officer or director of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies or involved in the development or Sponsor’s execution of the Sweepstakes or an immediate family member of or household resident with such persons. Participation in any part of the Sweepstakes constitutes a participant’s agreement to be bound by these Official Rules. Participants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sweepstakes judges and such decisions shall be final. Limit one entry per entrant during the Entry Period, regardless of means of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules an online entry is received when Sponsor’s servers record the entry following the completion of input at the Sweepstakes Site. Any automated computer receipt does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules.
2. PRIZES: After applicable verification and subject to compliance with these Official Rules, the following prizes (each a “Prize”) will be awarded in this Sweepstakes:
There will be five (5) prize winners in this Sweepstakes. Each prize winner will be awarded:
- One (1) pair of SRH940 Professional Reference Headphones (ARV: $375 USD)
No transfer or substitution of a Prize permitted except where required by law. If any Prize, or any portion of a Prize, becomes unavailable, the Sponsor may award a substitute Prize of equal or greater value. Taxes on a Prize are the sole responsibility of the applicable Prize winner. Limit one Prize per person. All expenses, costs and fees not expressly included above are the sole responsibility of the respective Prize Winners. Sponsor reserves the right to request from any participant additional documentation it reasonably believes is necessary to validate any entry or to award any Prize.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Prize winners will be selected in random drawings to be held on or about November 29, 2012.
Tentative Prize Winners will be notified via email, social media message, and/or telephone call as soon as practical after the selection. A notified tentative Prize Winner, at his or her sole discretion, may disclaim a Prize by not claiming such Prize or by not completing and returning to Sponsor the applicable Prize claim form within five (5) days of attempted notification and in such case an alternate tentative Prize winner for the applicable unclaimed Prize will be selected and this process will be repeated until such time as properly completed applicable Prize claim forms are received by Sponsor for all of the available Prizes. In all cases, Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of residency and, age, and a winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize if Sponsor, in its sole discretion, finds that the proof is unsatisfactory.
At such time, subject to verification by the Sweepstakes Sponsor’s designated judges, a tentative Prize winner will be deemed a Prize Winner. Except where prohibited by law, each Prize Winner further grants to the Sponsor the right to use such person’s name, photograph, voice, likeness and city of residence for purposes of advertising or promoting and publicizing the efforts and activities of the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes without further consideration and to release his or her name to persons requesting the names of the winners of the Sweepstakes. Non-compliance or the return of any Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
4. NAME OF WINNERS: For the name of the Prize Winners, available after March 1, 2013 and before September 30, 2013, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (except where not required by applicable law) to: Shure Thanks x 75,000 Sweepstakes Winners List at 5800 W Touhy Ave, Niles, IL 60714. All such requests must be received by August 31, 2013.
6. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND THOSE INVOLVED IN THE PLANNING AND EXECUTION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ITS AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, AND THE JUDGES (THE “SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH. EACH PARTICIPANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES AND EACH PARTICIPANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. THE RESPECTIVE WINNERS OF ANY PRIZE SHALL BEAR ALL RISK OF LOSS OR DAMAGE TO THE PRIZE AFTER IT HAS BEEN DELIVERED OR MADE AVAILABLE.
7. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois or the appropriate State Court of the State of Illinois located in Chicago, Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
8. CONDUCT: By entering into this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges and the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules are accessible from the Sweepstakes Website throughout duration of the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. GENERAL: Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any computer, software, online, Internet or technological malfunctions or for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed, mutilated, postage-due or misdirected mail, correspondence, requests, claims or other errors or problems in connection with or relating to the Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as contemplated in the Official Rules, including if due to computer virus, bugs, tampering or technical failures which compromise the administration or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to terminate or modify the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant who has entered via the Sweepstakes Site, entries will be declared to have been made by the “Assigned Account Holder,” that is, the individual person who is assigned the email address corresponding to the winning entry. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. Sponsor and Sweepstakes judges designated by Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry procedure or the Sweepstakes Site or violates these Official Rules.
For additional copies of the Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope (except where not required by law) by first class mail to: Official Rules at the Sweepstakes Address. Requests must be received by March 1, 2013. Official Rules will also be posted at the Sweepstakes Site during the Sweepstakes.
10. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Sweepstakes is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.