NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1) DESCRIPTION OF COMPETITION: The Shure Your Best Audio Hack Competition (the “Competition”) involves the submission of an original or found audio tip (the “Entry”) via an online form. Shure Associates (the “Judges”) will review all Entries and select up to ten (10) that they deem the most original (33%), the most likely to solve the intended problem (33%), and the most repeatable (33%). Those who submitted the winning Entries will be awarded prizes and will have their Entries published on the Shure Blog.
2) ELIGIBILITY: Entry in the Competition is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) (the “Competition Territory”) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. Void in all other jurisdictions. Employees, officers or directors of Shure Incorporated (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies or anyone involved in the Competition development or execution, and the immediate family members or household members of such persons are not eligible to enter this Competition.
3) ENTRY PERIOD: HOW TO ENTER; IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SUBMISSIONS. The entry period starts NOVEMBER 13, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. Central Time and ends NOVEMBER 20, 2013 at 11:59 a.m. Central Time (the “Entry Period”). During the Entry Period, entrants should complete an online form available at:
http://blog.shure.com/shure-notes/your-best-audio-hack-competition (the “Competition Website”).
A confirmation email will be sent when registration is complete.
Limit one (1) entry per person. If any Entrant in the sole discretion of Sponsor is suspected of submitting more than one entry by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple e-mail accounts, such Entrant may be disqualified from participation in this Competition. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if there is a change in his or her e-mail or postal address during the Competition.
4) FINAL WINNERS SELECTION: On or about NOVEMBER 21, 2013, the selected winners will be contacted via e-mail as soon as practical after the selection. Sponsor reserves the right to request from any Entrant additional documentation it reasonably believes is necessary to validate any Entry or to award any prize. A notified tentative Prize Winner, at his or her sole discretion, may disclaim a Prize by not claiming such Prize or by not completing and returning to Sponsor the applicable Prize claim form within five (5) days of attempted notification and in such case an alternate tentative Prize winner for the applicable unclaimed Prize will be selected and this process will be repeated until such time as properly completed applicable Prize claim forms are received by Sponsor for all of the available Prizes. In all cases, Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of residency and, age, and a winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize if Sponsor, in its sole discretion, finds that the proof is unsatisfactory.
At such time, subject to verification by the Competition Sponsor’s designated judges, the tentative Prize winners will be deemed Prize Winners. Except where prohibited by law, each Prize Winner further grants to the Sponsor the right to use such person’s name, photograph, voice, likeness and city of residence for purposes of advertising or promoting and publicizing the efforts and activities of the Sponsor and the Competition without further consideration and to release his or her name to persons requesting the names of the winners of the Competition. Non-compliance or the return of any Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
5) PRIZES: Up to ten (10) prize winners each will be awarded:
- SRH1440 Professional Open Back Headphones (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) US$500.00);
- Inclusion of Entry and Entrant’s name in a follow-up Shure Notes® blog post
Sponsor reserves the right not to award any prize or prizes, should Competition judges, in their opinion, deem insufficient entries satisfactory to warrant the award of a prize or prizes as the case may be.
Prizes will be sent by UPS or FedEx to the Prize Winners. Prizes will be sent within one (1) month of the determination of winners.
All federal, state, provincial and local taxes on prizes awarded in the Competition are the sole responsibility of the recipients. No prize substitutions permitted, except by Sponsor, who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable. Prizes are not transferable.
6) SPONSOR INFORMATION AND DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any lost, late, misdirected, illegible or incomplete entries, or for any computer, software, online, telephonic, data entry or technological malfunctions regardless of cause, or any injury or damage to the participant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Competition or upload or download any materials to or from the Competition. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of being conducted as contemplated in the Official Rules, including, without limitation, if due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition or technical failures which compromise the administration or integrity of the Competition, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to terminate or modify the Competition. All materials submitted in the Competition may be retained by Sponsor. Sponsor and Judges reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry procedure or the Competition Website or violates these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
7) GENERAL: This Competition is subject to the laws of the State of Illinois (without regard to choice of law rules) and of the United States. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. All federal, state, and other tax liabilities arising from this Competition are the sole responsibility of the applicable winners. The prizes are not redeemable for cash. No more than the listed number of prizes will be awarded.
8) RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND THOSE INVOLVED IN THE PLANNING AND EXECUTION OF THE COMPETITION AND ITS AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, AND THE JUDGES (THE “PROMOTION PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN ANY PART OF THE COMPETITION, (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN OR TRAVELING TO AND/OR FROM ANY COMPETITION RELATED ACTIVITY) OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH. EACH PARTICIPANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE PROMOTION PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PROMOTION PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES AND EACH PARTICIPANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. THE RESPECTIVE WINNERS OF ANY PRIZE SHALL BEAR ALL RISK OF LOSS OR DAMAGE TO THE PRIZE AFTER IT HAS BEEN DELIVERED OR MADE AVAILABLE. THE SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE APPEARANCE, SAFETY, OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY PRIZE.
9) DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois or the appropriate State Court of the State of Illinois located in Chicago, Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Competition, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
10) CONDUCT: By entering into this Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges and the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules are accessible from the Competition Website throughout the Competition Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE COMPETITION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11) LIST OF WINNERS: For the names of the Prize Winners, available after NOVEMBER 21, 2013, and before JANUARY 31, 2014, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (except where not required by State law) to: Your Best Audio Hacks Winners, Shure Inc., 5800 West Touhy, Niles, IL 60714.
12) VOID WHERE PROHIBITED: The Competition, including the interpretation of these rules, is governed by the laws of the state of Illinois and is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.